Lijit Ad Tag2

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Completely Disagree With the Opening Sentence!

As my previous post suggests, I'm a big fan of Google+. I had my first threesome last night on Hangout, and think the integration with Youtube to allow joint video viewing is really fun. (I had the honor of hanging out with two noobs that had never seen the Honeybadger video, so that garnered a pretty solid reaction...) In order to really get a feel for G+, I even have tried using the "Sparks". As you can see from the image below, I opted for Electric Vehicles (been working on TSLA/PPO/AONE), Hedge Fund (gotta see what the competition is up to), and Hot Sauce. So far I've been rather underwhelmed, but do think as more people start getting on G+ and start utilizing the +1 button that the quality of this feature could improve.

But anyway, I clicked today on Hot Sauce and the top story from the Berlin Dispatch was below with the opening sentence being:

"I don’t know about you, but I don’t think it’s a good sign when the condiment section at a pasta restaurant brandishes a bottle of Sriracha hot sauce "



All I can say is I'm glad the author put in the "I don't know about you" qualifier, because otherwise he'd have a G+/twitter/social media sh*t storm on his hands to rival the current $NFLX price increase outrage. Anyone choosing "hot sauce" as a Spark is certainly going to be a person that lives and breathes my mantra of "food is just a vehicle for hot sauce". As such, I could not be more enthused as to find a restaurant with a fine hot sauce selection. My only comment would be that if this Pasta Restaurant really wanted to get my repeat business, it should add sauces further sauces such as Mad Dog Inferno and Blair's Sudden Death to its repertoire!

Sadly, there is no -1 button yet on Google+; otherwise I'd be leading a campaign to drive this German drivel-filled article's score to the ground.



No comments:

Post a Comment